Medelsheim: This photo is taken from the cemetry in Medelsheim looking down onto the village. The cemetry contains a chapel that dates back to 1767. When the chapel received remains of the Holy Cross from Rome in 1804, 14 statues were created depicting the story of the crucifiction. They are in the little white huts in the photo. The spire in the centre of the village is from the church of Saint Martin, whose histroy goes back to Roman times.

Medelsheim is recognised an official part of the German branch of the Camino de Santiago.


Post a Comment

(or comment via popup)