2011-02-01

phone cam, theatre, saar,

Phone cam recursion

Since 2010-12-20 I have retired my Sony Ericsson Satio and have been using an HTC Desire HD in its stead. The Desire is about 6 million times better as a smart phone, but probably has an inferior camera. I foresaw this when I started my blog and that was why I added rule number two (see text box to the right). So I will resist the temptation to keep taking photos with the Satio, and I will learn to live with the quirks of the Desire in order stick to the goal of this blog: trying to capture the essence of the places around me with the camera I always have with me.

P.S. Upon Ccat's request, here is a large version of the photo you see dimly on the Desire.

8 comments:

  1. La foto dentro de la foto, o de lo que la tecnología nos depara.
    Abrazos

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should put both picture together, so we can see the difference between the two phones. :-D

    BTW: we are living very close to this place now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful picture, you are an artist my friend!
    Very well done!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting photo AB and I agree with ccat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Desire". Funny.
    Aren't rules made to be broken?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comments.

    Ángel: Gracias.

    ccat: I have now added another link with the photo in the photo. If you want them side by side, I guess you will still have to open two windows.

    I next photos in my blog must also be from your neighbourhood then.

    nouvelles couleurs - vienna atelier: Grazie.

    Cezar and Léia: Obrigado.

    joo: Dziękuję. Now you have the two photos to compare.

    Irina: I thought the name was strange too - as well the HTC slogan - “quietly brilliant”.

    In my case, the rules are not so much broken as dropped. I had a third rule - “No post-processing except for rotation and cropping”. In the end, I found quite a few other editing tricks that are quick and easy to do and I dropped the rule.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ce post m'a beaucoup aide dans mon positionnement. Merci pour ces informations

    ReplyDelete